Airtherm Open Paper Machine Hoods provide ideal vapor confinement and collection of moisture around the drying process. The Hood Exhaust System utilizes a specially designed internal plenum to insure the vapor is removed uniformly in both the machine and cross-machine directions. By carefully controlling the exhaust profile, the energy efficiency is maximized while fully containing the vapor within the Open Hood.
- Modular, easily removable panels for quick access to the paper machine dryers provide solid thermal barrier between the machine room and the drying process.
- Large bi-parting swing doors with optional monorails for moving dryer fabrics in & out of the upper portion of the hood.
- Complete walkway systems for maintenance access to elevated machinery.
- Aluminum or stainless steel insulated panel construction.
- Walkable roof panels / walkways with handrails, kickplates, safety gates and caged ladders.
- Structural steel framing with monorails for moving rolls and heavy parts within the hood.
- Hood lighting and complete sprinkler systems.
- Heavy-duty, high-efficiency centrifugal fans with optional corrosion-resistant coatings or stainless steel construction.
- Premium efficiency, TEFC motors belt-driven or direct drive.
- Heavy papermill sheet metal ductwork.
- An Open Hood can be constructed for future upgrade to a Totally Enclosed Hood.
- Heat Recovery is used to preheat the Pocket Ventilation air utilizing excess heat that is exhausted from the paper machine hood.
- Field Studies and Surveys are available to help determine whether to rebuild or replace existing systems.
- Repairs, Upgrades & Spare Parts are available on existing systems regardless of the age, condition or original manufacturer.